HCG Chili is one of our favorite recipes – we even eat it when we are not doing HCG. Easy to make, delicious to eat, and just 200 calories per serving! This version of the recipe calls for 2 pounds of beef, and I got nine servings out of it. The best part about this is that I ate one serving and froze the rest, so I have quick and easy meals ready-made. Here is how you make it:
Ingredients for HCG Chili:
2 pounds of ground beef
4 cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes I used these: Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 large diced onion
6 cloves fresh garlic
1 large diced red pepper
2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon Beef Base: Better Than Bouillon Beef Base
5 cups water
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (1/2 teaspoon gave it a mild kick, add more or less depending on your taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef and drain thoroughly. I actually spread it on paper towels to get as much of the grease as possible.
- While the ground beef is draining, put onions in the pan and cook slowly on low heat. Without oil or butter, you have to be careful with onions that they do not brown too much or stick to the bottom of the pan. You just want to cook the onions until they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic (I use a garlic press) and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the red pepper, the cans of tomatoes, and the water. Turn heat to medium and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Better Than Bouillon, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne and stir in completely
- Add the beef back in and stir
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once made, divide this recipe into 9 servings as equally as possible. Each serving has approximately 200 calories and counts as a protein and a vegetable. I like to freeze my leftover servings and pull them out for a quick meal when I am in a hurry.
If you make this, let us know what you think in the comments!